- Dr Lam Ruey Shyang is our Resident Consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon. He obtained his Membership of Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) Ireland in 2008.
- Dr Lam serves as the resident General Surgeon in Kulim Hospital from 2013 to 2015. He is skilled in the entire spectrum of general surgical conditions and performs the entire spectrum of general surgical diseases and performs operative procedures relating to the thyroid gland, breasts, the entire gastrointestinal tract (including the stomach, small & large intestines, rectum and anus), abdominal wall herniae, skin and subcutaneous skin lesions.
- He is also competent in performing a few urological procedures and AVF creation for kidney failure patients.
- He pursued his subspecialty interest in Minimal Access Surgery (MAS) with training in well-known laparoscopic centre, New Delhi, India. His training is recognised worldwide under World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS) and Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES).
- He completed his Diploma and Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (DMAS & FMAS).
- He has done numerous open and minimal invasive surgeries on his patients while he is working as Head of Department and Surgeon in Kulim Hospital. He has also done numerous diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies for upper and lower gastrointestinal tract.
- MBBS, International Medical University
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
- Master of Surgery, University of Malaya
- Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (WALS), World
Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, India,
- World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
- Membership of Royal Colleges of Surgeon (Ireland)
- Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCrISP)
- Life member of World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
- Minimal Access / Invasive (Laparoscopy / Keyhole) Surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Appendiectomy
- Laparoscopic Colectomy
- Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Rectopexy
- Endoscopic (Scarless) Thyroid Surgery
- Minimal Invasive Breast Surgery
- Transanal Minimal Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)